Semen analyzes to assess health, strength and other elements. Spermis a step in determining the cause of infertility, found that 40% of infertile couples are caused by sperm abnormalities or imperfections. Therefore, the results of a semen analysis are important for doctors in determining cause and choosing a treatment method.
It consists of 5 main factors as follows;
- The Volume of semen ejected per time
- The concentration of sperm in one milliliter
- Motility of sperm
- Vitality of sperm
- Morphology of sperm
Semen collection Instructions
- You should be collected sperm while body is normal. If you are unwell or receiving any medication, let your doctor know.
- You should refrain from ejaculation by any methods for at least 2 days but not more than 5 days.
- Wash your hands and wash your genitals cleanly before storing.
- Collect sperm by masturbation method. Do not use the method of sexual intercourse and ejaculate sperm outside, do not use commercially available condoms. (A special condom for semen collection may be used, such as a Male Factor pack, Hygiene.)
- Collect sperm into a sterile, wide-mouthed container which made of material that has been certified to be not harmful to sperm.
- You should collect sperm in a private room near a laboratory or ifcollected from home should be delivered to the laboratory within 1 hour.
- During delivery sperm to the laboratory, should be stored at between 25-37 ° C. If higher or lower temperatures will affect sperm motility and viability. (Do not store in the refrigerator or frozen)